7.24.2014

first day

We made it through the first day of school…but it wasn't easy.

The Big Boys both have zero hour at the high school. They are out the door bright and early in the morning.

The Man-Child is a junior.
I can’t tell you how many times he mentioned that he only has 2 more years of high school. Every time he said it my heart would break a little more.
Einstein is now a freshman.
I worried so much about him on the first day of school. He is truly one of the funniest people I know, but he is so painfully shy. I worried about him getting lost…both physically and emotionally.

To watch them drive off to school was pretty nerve-wracking. I know what the traffic is like on the first day of school. Not that I don’t trust the Man-Child’s driving abilities…it’s all the other people I worry about.

The Babies were the next to leave.

LaLa is now in 4th grade.
This is her last year at the elementary school.

Hammie is now in 2nd grade.
He was probably my least nervous child. He was ready to go bright and early.

When I dropped them off at school Hammie started to run to his friends waiting at the gate. I had to call him back to say goodbye to me.
This is the last year they will be walking in this gate together. boohoo.

And finally it was time for Roo to leave.
She’s in 7th grade and this is her first year at the jr high.
She could ride the bus to school, but Einstein had some issues on the bus last year so this year I told Roo I would drive her if she wanted. What kid would choose the bus over getting to ride with me every morning?!?

We were about half way to school and I asked her if she was nervous…
Way wrong question.
She started crying. I started crying. I kept telling her to stop crying so she wouldn’t ruin her make-up. I couldn’t think of anything else to say…

We finally had smiles on our faces by the time we pulled up to the school.

And then it was just me…
all by myself…don’t wanna be…all by myself

I may or may not have driven by the high school on my way home to make sure there wasn't any burning wreckage in front of the school. I did stop myself from driving through the parking lot…
Yes! I am that Mom!

I came home and watched trashy reality TV just waiting for them to get home.

I just feel better when my babies are home.

2 comments:

  1. It's crazy to me that you guys start back up in July. We've got another month to go here. I would HATE having them go in July. It's just so danged hot! I'll have second and seventh graders this year as well...and a sophomore!!! Can't get over it. You're kids are growing up Lene. They're gorgeous. Hope they have a fantastic year!

    ReplyDelete